Navigating your grad year
Time & Location
About the Event
This month's masterclass will cover navigating your grad year - please note this session will not be held on the first Monday of October due to computer match day. So it is being held later in October.
We spend so much of our time while we are at university, talking about our grad year. How exciting it will be, how hard we have worked to get here, and how it will be worth it once we begin.
But then that moment hits. How am I going to handle this? I feel like I don't know what to expect! What do I need to know? How do I prepare? Our brains like to throw all the excellent anxious questions at us as soon as we are excited about something.
That's what this session is all about. We will cover the bits and pieces of information that will help you through your graduate year. Including:
- What to expect from your grad experience
- How to prepare for shift work and a further year of learning and growth
- Your rights, pay and entitlements, including the EPA and salary packaging
- Support services available within the healthcare community
- Future employment and how to prepare during your grad year
- How to manage the bad days, the stress, and the overwhelm
- What to do if you are struggling
- Managing an effective work/life balance
- The importance of reflective practice