Melbourne | June 6th
Time & Location
About the Event
Who are our workshops aimed at?
If you are a student Nurse or Midwife in your final years of schooling and are looking towards gaining graduate employment? Are you terrified and mystified about the whole process? No idea where to start?Then this is the workshop for you. We will go over everything from the very beginning to help you build a resume from scratch that ticks all the boxes the employer is looking for. With our hands-on workshop, we will walk you through the whole application process, from creating the resume, picking your references, preferencing hospitals and regions and the interview process. Each workshop begins with finding out exactly what you want to gain from the day to ensure your needs are covered.
What will you get out of the day?
Simply put, in one 5 hour workshop we will give you all the details you need, to nail your Graduate Nurse and Midwife Applications. We will help you get fully prepared and completely understand how the process works so that you understand exactly what is expected of you. With feedback like
"Thank you, thank you so much for all your help and support. Before the workshop, I literally had no idea what graduate applications were even about. I had prepared a resume that ended up being completely wrong and had I not attended the workshop I have no doubt I wouldn't have even gotten an interview. But, instead, I've ended up getting a job at my first preference"
"I was so nervous about applications, to the point I was making myself physically sick. After attending your workshop I feel like I have a clear map of what I need to do, a to-do list and a list of exact dates to get it all organised, thank you!"oh, and we supply some delicious food for your day too!
What will you learn?
Applications and resumes
- The application process in Victoria (and also briefly other states if you want to apply interstate)
- The correct makeup of a Grad resume
- How to address the key selection criteria, values and mission
- The 3 points that will set you apart from your peers
- How to get the referees that will help, not hinder your application
- The important points to consider when picking your hospitals.
- How the interview process works
- The different kinds of interviews used in hospitals
- How to stand out in an interview (especially in a group interview)
- Language to help highlight your skills and passions
- Things to avoid
- The correct way to dress (hot tip: it's not what you expect)
- Practice interview questions - actual questions used in the last 24 months in graduate interviews (and how to answer them)
The day includes bottomless coffee, lunch, afternoon tea and a workbook to take home.
A little note about the cost
Every year we get comments on the cost of our workshops and this year we have decided to point out the reason behind our cost. All of our workshops are capped at 20 people and they are an interactive workshop, not a lecture. All the work is done together so we can help you create a fully personalised resume just for you. Our workshops are not aimed at a giant profit, but instead covering our costs and giving you the most individualised support possible. This feedback perfectly sums up our difference
" I went to both your workshop and another workshop for student nurses and midwives and the difference was amazing. While I enjoyed the other study day with a group of my friends from uni, there were 500 people there and it was just like a day full of lectures. Your workshop was so hands-on, I felt I could ask questions and the day was perfectly tailored to my needs. I learnt so much more at your workshop and it was more than worth the cost"
- Full day workshop$155$155Sold Out